Monday, April 11, 2011

Paris Red Light by Night

Near Montmartre/Place Pigalle between the 18th and 9th arrondissements lies the red light district with its night clubs, sex shops, bars, prostitutes and cruisers in all their glory.  Boulevard de Clichy is the main drag. If you are female, I do not recommended that you walk alone at night here (as I did), or you will find yourself on the fast track to learning all kinds of shady French pick up lines.  It's actually a very interesting walk, just use your best judgement.

This is the place to see the famous Moulin Rouge, but shows are pricey and the long queue outside was enough to deter me. You can also check out the Museum of Eroticism for a good giggle.  I found it more fun to just wander.What was good enough for Toulouse-Lautrec, Picasso and Van Gogh is fine by me.

You'll also find a good amount of musical instrument shops around this area. Perfectly logical, right?









1 comment: