Saturday, February 2, 2008

Welcome to The Punk Rock Traveler!

Welcome to my new blog, The Punk Rock Traveler. So, why the name? As an avid explorer of this planet, I cited a serious lacking of information for the younger (or just young at heart), ecclectic traveler in my hunt for exciting activities to participate in around the globe. I hope to provide some resources and insights to the traveler who is curious about culture, environmentally conscious, seeking to reduce their overall imprint on the earth, politically active, and perhaps vegetarian or vegan. I'll be exploring avante-garde locations, volun-tourism, hostels, various venues and collectives, and so on. Although I've entitled the blog The Punk Rock Traveler, I'd like to note that I don't particularly consider myself to be punk, although some would argue that my attitude borders on it. I'm a thinker and an individual, I like to challenge the notions pushed in my face by the world around me and I like to think that other free-thinking world adventurers will enjoy the topics that I'll be exploring here.

About me: My name is eveghost. I'm a musician, writer, artist and activist currently residing in Los Angeles. I was up until recently vocalist for an art-punk ensemble called Scarlet's Remains. I'm currently a freelance writer, author, and contributing guest vocals to several projects. I'm well-studied on anthropology, cultures, mythologies, history, and foreign languages all of which are my passions in life.

So about my direct goals for the blog. You'll find, for the time being, quite a bit of information about Southern California on here for starters, since I'm currently stuck in this location for the moment. However, I will be relocating to Europe in the middle of the year and hope to explore a wide array of locations. I will also be interviewing fellow travelers about their experiences to add to the mix. I also welcome feedback and suggestions.

I'm excited to begin this project, I hope that you'll enjoy what's to come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff! I look forward to reading this blog! :)

eveghost said...

wow that ossuary is amazing! i want to go!

Oh My Love My Love My Love said...

ay! Cheers! I am anticipating your posts already!

Anonymous said...

If you start or finish the blog with the specific vegan restaurants, cafes, and food experiences instead of mixing into the text, I will visit.
Good blog, but in its current format, reaching out to a specific (Smaller) crowd.
I am not advocating any change in content, but group different experiences so that people with vastly other interests (extreme sport, no energy for partying, or older and married, will find other party venues), BUT WILL come here to look up vegan options once it is trusted that we do not have to sift through a lot of material to get to it. Good material, just not applicable to hold my interest.
If I were to start a vegan travel guide to third world barefoot style travel, I would invite you to be interested in participating.

eveghost said...

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'll keep your thoughts in mind as I construct this thing. I appreciate your taking the time to review.